Once you’ve thought long and hard (and followed my advice from the previous posts about how to choose your bridesmaids) you get to the fun part … asking them! Now, of course you can do the traditional route and call your girls and “pop the question.” Or you could get a little creative; hey, why does your fiancé get to have all the “proposing” fun?
- Send them a “Build-a-Bear” (like the one pictured above) wearing the bridesmaid dress colour you’ve chosen. One of my engaged friends did this and her girls loved it. Super cute idea. Might get a bit pricey if you plan on having a larger bridal party, but not too bad if you have a smaller posse.
- “POP” the question…with a RING POP! Give your girls a “bling” ring of their own and even go the extra mile to find out what their favourite flavour is.
- Make your “proposal” Bachelor/Bachelorette themed. Gather your girls, get some roses and put on a show. (Obviously all the girls you call to your home are going to get a rose, don’t pull any “Mean Girls” stunts) This is a great way for everyone to meet each other if they already don’t and you can all celebrate with some bubbly after, true to the tv show form. If some of the girls live in other cities and can’t make it, Skype or FaceTime them in!
- Send a cute card via snail-mail. Nothing can replace that special feeling when you get something other than bills or junk in your mailbox. You can make them or order then online if you think you’re missing the crafty gene (which you totally aren’t, much like beauty, art is in the eye of the beholder). What matters is the wording; try something like: “I found a man, but now I need my girls”
- A personalized bridesmaid kit. You can combine all of the above suggestions into one box if you like, or make the kit a trinket box full of pictures and memories/inside jokes the two of you share or a survival/guidance kit with what they can expect as a bridesmaid and being a part of your day. Word to the wise, if you’re going to make this much effort, make sure you know her answer will be yes (much like a guy investing an arm and a leg in a diamond is pretty confident he won’t get turned down.)
Happy “Proposing”! Until next time…besos.
Check our Suzanne’s other Bridesmaid Posts: